Monday, January 2, 2012

The Struggle is Over

Welcome 2012! I am so excited about this new year. I'm starting this year off with prayer, fasting and dancing my prayers.  As I start the Daniel Fast today, it isn't as difficult as it was a couple of years ago. Many of the foods allowed on the Daniel Fast are already a part of my daily menu. So I've proved to myself that I can make lifestyle changes. Instead of resolutions I've made a bucket list. A list of things I want to accomplish this year. that I haven't done yet
  1. As a way of becoming a better dancer and teacher I am taking professional ballroom classes. I want to compete at least once this year in ballroom. I have come to love ballroom dancing. It seems like a perfect transition for me as I age gracefully and struggle with not being able to do things with my body that I used to. Since the Struggle is over, I am embracing my 50+ body and enjoying my waltz, tango and foxtrot. I've started taking ballroom classes at Fred Astaire Dance Studio. Stay tuned for my first showcase. I also love teaching ballroom to couples. It is an excellent way to teach the concept of submission and following the leader.
  2. Cake decorating. As a child, I used to love to bake and decorate cakes. Darrell's father was a baker so he has tried his hand at baking many times. I thought this would be an excellent way for us to spend more time together in the kitchen - so I'm taking a cake decorating class at A.C. Moore. My challenge will be to make healthy delicious cakes that will fit into my healthy lifestyle (after my fast is over of course).
  3. SPLIT! Yes at 50+ I'm getting my split back. I took an awesome class a few weeks ago at Power Stretch Studio. It was an amazing class! I had so much energy after my class and I wasn't sore. It was such a great experience and I can now see my split in sight.
  4. Flash Mob Dance - I want to participate in a flash mob dance. Its going to take a lot of planning. Not sure yet if its going to be at school or in some random public place for my birthday but be on the look out. I'm going to be in one this year. Let me know if you want to join me.
So that's my bucket list. Of course I still dance my prayers everyday. I continue to meditate on God's word and exercise with PraiseMoves. I still have challenges but I'm addressing these challenges with a new mindset. This battle is not mine, it's the Lords. The struggle is truly over. I dance because dance is my chosen weapon of warfare. Only He can make wars cease to the end of the earth. I dance because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I dance because God is all the help I need. He is my refuge and strength - an ever present help in trouble. So when trouble comes, as it will, I dance - knowing that my struggle is over. I dance because...

2 comments:

Arielle said...

I love this bucket list and support you 10000%. Proud of you. Keep dancing, teaching and inspiring. I'm in for a flash mob!

Unknown said...

Good luck with your bucket list! I can see that you're aiming to up the ante this year. I love the strength you draw from dancing, and that shows in how much you love the activity.

- Monica Bremer