Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dance Day

National Dance Day - July 31, 2010 is an opportunity for all of us to celebrate. I'm excited about this dance day. Although dance educators have been celebrating National Dance Day for years - the world is now taking notice of the power of dance thanks to the hit show SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. I credit this hit show for helping my students be able to take constructive criticism. During one class, as I was critiquing a group of students on their choreography, one students replied "Oh this is like being on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, so we have to listen to you so we can get better."

I dance because dance is my chosen weapon of warfare. When I am dancing I am experiencing my authentic self. I am one with God and I feel an intimacy with the Holy Spirit. Whether you dance to exercise, release stress, communicate, perform or worship - lets learn this dance and on July 31st we're gonna show the world - I DANCE BECAUSE...

Why do you dance?

No comments: